The ultimate test of your faith is: Are you Generous?
“Well sure, I am giving a ton of gifts this year.” Is there a difference between giving gifts and being generous? You can give gifts without being generous.
Typical Christmas Gift Giving
- It is expected of you. Tradition
- You are returning a favor from last year’s present
- You give first in order to get
Questions to Ponder:
- How much of the money you are spending is giving from a generous heart vs. obligatory heart?
- What if you only gave from generous perspective? Would it change WHO you give to? If it were totally generous, would it include a different group?
Generous – liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish: Giving with no concern for recompense. There is nothing about the definition of generosity that says you have to be rich to be generous. It is a heart condition.