Books I’ve Read Lately
Here are the books I have read lately that I would recommend to pastors. Just because I suggest book doesn’t mean that I agree with it all or even a majority of it. However, they helped shape my direction and I think they are relevant to ministry today.
- When God is First | Mike Hayes
- Organic Church | Neil Cole
- Servolution | Dino Rizzo
- Silent No More | Rod Parsley
- Revolution in World Missions | KP Yohannan
- Made to Stick | Dan and Chip Heath
- Leadership Transitions for Growth | Michael Fletcher
- Seven Practices of Effective Ministry | Andy Stanley
- Studies in Doctrine | Alister McGrath (in the middle of it)
- Natural Church Development | Christian Schwartz
- The Life Giving Church | Ted Haggard (written many years ago)
Here are the other books I’ve read. Same disclaimer as above…
- Radical | David Platt
- Crazy Love | Francis Chan
- The Broken American Male and How to Fix Him | Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- 25 Ways to Win With People | John Maxwell
- Anything from Joel Rosenburg (I’ve read all his fiction and non-fiction) the latest was The Twelfth Imam
- The Scarlett Letter | Nathaniel Hawthorne (in the middle of it)
- Loving Your Kids on Purpose | Danny Silk (in the middle of it)
I have focused on the Old Testament “Prophets” this year.
Any books you recommend??
Posted on December 20, 2010, in General and tagged buda, kyle, recommended books, san marcos, san marcos tx, texas. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.
You forgot Eat, Pray, Love…
Skyler and I have read:
Dangerous Journey–Pilgrims Progress (It is a children’s book but very thought provoking)
Alice in Wonderland
Little House in the Big Woods
I am sure there are more but can’t remember…
I read and enjoyed but also agree that some books you take what you like and agree with….throw out the rest…
Same Kind of Different as Me
Bart has read:
Victory over the Darkness and Bondage Breaker—I read these two years ago and highly recommend.
He is currently reading–
Raising a Modern Day Knight—he likes it a lot!
Our family is currently reading The Best Christmas Pageant Ever
I loved Velvet Elvis and Sex God by Rob Bell. I’ve also really enjoyed Blue Like Jazz and A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. Also, Knowing God by J.I Packer was a good read.
Oh yeah, Julia! I forgot that I read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years also and love it!