Here are the books I have read lately that I would recommend to pastors. Just because I suggest book doesn’t mean that I agree with it all or even a majority of it. However, they helped shape my direction and I think they are relevant to ministry today.
- When God is First | Mike Hayes
- Organic Church | Neil Cole
- Servolution | Dino Rizzo
- Silent No More | Rod Parsley
- Revolution in World Missions | KP Yohannan
- Made to Stick | Dan and Chip Heath
- Leadership Transitions for Growth | Michael Fletcher
- Seven Practices of Effective Ministry | Andy Stanley
- Studies in Doctrine | Alister McGrath (in the middle of it)
- Natural Church Development | Christian Schwartz
- The Life Giving Church | Ted Haggard (written many years ago)
Here are the other books I’ve read. Same disclaimer as above…
- Radical | David Platt
- Crazy Love | Francis Chan
- The Broken American Male and How to Fix Him | Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
- 25 Ways to Win With People | John Maxwell
- Anything from Joel Rosenburg (I’ve read all his fiction and non-fiction) the latest was The Twelfth Imam
- The Scarlett Letter | Nathaniel Hawthorne (in the middle of it)
- Loving Your Kids on Purpose | Danny Silk (in the middle of it)
I have focused on the Old Testament “Prophets” this year.
Any books you recommend??