Here are the notes from my message on Sunday. Click here to listen to the podcast.
Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of God belongs to those who are like these children. 17 I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn’t receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it. Luke 18:16 NLT
The world seeks people of power, influence, and wealth. God seeks those who remain children.
God builds his kingdom on childlike characteristics: trust, love, innocence, lack of power, lack of pretension, lack of credentials. God wants children (and adult children) whom he can make into disciples.
LET’S BE MORE LIKE KIDS!
- Kids are Teachable! like sponges
- Kids Have an Open Heart! Tender. Soft.
- Kids are Simple Minded! Not complicated with life failures and impossible/rational thinking
- Kids are Humble! Do not find worth in accomplishments
- Kids Trust God Easily! Ready to believe!
LET’S SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY!
- Stop Complaining About the Next Generation We are not going to lose a generation. We are going to stand in the gap between God and the next generation and believe that the kingdom will be stronger when we exit.
- Start Investing in the Next Generation –
- Be an Example! Start being the person you want the next generation to be. If we looked in the mirror, I think many would struggle with what we actually saw. We are trying to get the speck out of the eye of the next generation while we have a log in our own eye. A parent this week said, “It’s an awful moment when you punish your kid for acting like you.”
- Serve in Children’s Ministry – teach, help, clean rooms during the week, prepare snacks, organize closets, play an instrument, run the tech, lead a small group.
- Create a Prayer Culture in Your Home If there was one thing I would work on at home, it would be to create a prayer culture. Meal Time / Bed Time / Special Needs (impromptu)