Community Part 2 | Sermon Notes
Notes from Harry Fleming
Sharing Our Resources – Romans 12:13 – Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.
• Community requires availability. You must not be too hard for others to reach.
• Community requires frequency. There must be plenty of time shared together regularly.
•Community requires sharing home and living space through hospitality with others.
• Community requires sharing our resources, and feeling a sense of responsibility to others. (partnership – Diane cooking)
Galatians 6:7-10 – Do good – your employment (reciprocity)
No consumerism in community
Commitment to show up
Sharing Our Beliefs – 1Cor 1:10 – I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.
• Community requires a variety of practices:
• eating together, recreation and often attending church together
• learning together (Bible study, reading, and reflection in general)
• personal counsel, comfort, and specific accountability for behavior (need accountability lest we become self deceived)
• commitment to constant reconciliation and forgiveness (confrontation)
• deeds of service and justice and witness done together
• prayer, worship, and making music together
Focus on the Head and don’t split hairs
Posted on April 17, 2013, in Sermon Notes. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
Pingback: » Community Part 2 | <b>Sermon Notes</b> | Robin Steele