Statements of Faith
I jotted these down this morning in contemplation of yesterday’s message from Colossians 3:1-11. I am ranking them from most important to least important. I don’t know that they are true. I just wrote them down.
Please give me your feedback on these statements: (Agree/Disagree)
- The Body of Christ will never fail
- This local church is God’s property
- He sometimes will take temporal items from us. (to keep us on our toes and keep faith in Him)
- We should stop taking so much credit for the good that happens and so much grief for the bad that happens.
- We must do the very best we can with what God has given us. Knowledge, responsibility, accountability
- Sometimes we steward well over the blessings (talent, time, money) of God and spend on the right methods.
- Sometimes we squander the blessings (talent, time, money) of God and spend on the wrong methods.
- In spite of 6 and 7…Go back and start reading at #1.
I think we could apply this to each individual and family unit also. Personally read it and see what you think.
Posted on July 12, 2010, in Daily Word and tagged christian priorities, colossians 3:1-11, God doesn't fail, temporal vs eternal. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
2. Agree. However, the church is consists of people who have given God unconditional commitment, not facilities. The people own the facilities and God owns the people.
3. Agree. This physical reality we call life is only a proving ground for eternity.
4. Agree. If we are God’s child, everything that happens is at His direction. In fact, we probably should stop labeling events as good or bad because only God knows the infinite possibilities that can arise from any certain event.
6. Agree. If God is the center of our universe we will constantly seek to please Him.
7. Agree. If self is the center of our universe we will constantly seek to please the flesh.