My Personal Goals for MB30E
Here are my goals for you all to see. Lets do this thing!!
- NO Fried Foods- not a big problem for me but need to cut out completely.
- NO added butter to anything- this is not a big problem either but adds tons of calories with each spread
- NO bacon- I eat bacon a lot for breakfast and on sandwiches. Not now!
- NO Queso or cheese added to sandwiches – this is a huge weakness for me! this will be tough
- 10 chips with salsa- I will practice temperance with this one. (can you tell I live in TX???)
- WATER and unsweetened tea, carbonated water, juice, only. 1 small cup of coffee per day. NO soft drinks– Lately, I have been drinking a lot of Coke and Pepsi. It has added a lot of weight to me. Not now!
- Small portions. I will not get ‘seconds’. Entrees must be the size of my palm. This is not a big problem for me, but some meals I eat too much.
- Snacks must be fruits, nuts, berries. No sugared cereal. I eat a lot of snacks that aren’t good for me. So, I will rearrange this part of my diet.
- 1 dessert serving per week – I eat cookies, candy, and sugared coffee drinks too much. This temperance will help big time!
- 5 eating sessions per day – I hear that this keeps your metabolism running throughout the day instead of big crashes and craving/hunger pangs. The key is to keep them small.
- I will exercise 4 times per week for over 30 minutes. Riding Bike, running, Wii, sports at gym, etc – I love to be active, but my struggle is consistency. At my age, 4 times a week is minimal. I need to really push myself here.
- I will be in bed by 10:30pm every night. I will wake up at 6am every morning. – I love to stay up late but it hurts the next day, so I will try this regiment. I believe the first 10 days will be very tough but then I will catch a rhythm.
- I will read the Bible for 30min every day. (not relating to sermon prep)- I pray and read a lot for sermon prep. I need more devotional reading.
- I will pray everyday for 30min.
- I will fast one day per week until supper.
EXCEPTION: during college Championship, I will probably eat queso and drink a soft drink. That will be my ‘dessert’ for the week. 🙂
Posted on December 30, 2009, in Church Business, Daily Word, My Family and tagged 2010 resolutions, fasting, setting personal goals, spritual goal setting. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
keep it simple, folks. Let me know how things are going for you! Set your goals and GO!