Summer on the Mount Update
At PSM we are studying Jesus’ Sermon on the Mount. If you have learned and started practicing everything you have heard so far, then your life would start seeing drastic results.
As of now we have:
• Realized that we are the salt and light of the world
• Stopped being angry with our brother
• done everything we can to stop lusting
• Started loving our spouse and renewed our commitment
• Started simply saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ without swearing or taking oaths
• Allowed others to insult us without retaliating
• Served others by doing more than they expect
• Started loving and praying for our enemies
• Started doing righteous acts such as: praying, fasting, and giving to the poor without trying to gain attention from others.
• Learned the power of prayer and how to pray
We are only half way there! I encourage everyone to read Matthew 5, 6, and 7 once a week to let the WORDS of Jesus seep into your body, soul, and spirit. His WORD convicts, sets free, and endues with power. Get into it!
Posted on June 17, 2009, in Daily Word, Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.
I can’t believe people try and do this on their own! Talking with someone this morning – they wanted my opinion on how to do the right thing when they didn’t feel like it. She didn’t care for my answer about the difference between flesh and spirit and where the power comes from. Seeking Him first and all the other stuff will be gravy….Matt 6:33 – one of my favorites which drew me to salvation!!!!
thanks for the comment, Carolyn! Good to hear from you.
I’m working on ’em! Thanks for this sermon series!
oooppppsss!The prior comment was from me. I thought I better clarify! 🙂
I remember when God revealed the yes or no to me. I was having a difficult time because I had failed on a huge promise I had made to Him in prayer. I was despairing because I felt the frailty and looseness of my promises to my Savior. When I finally cried out to God about breaking my promise to Him, He told me, “it is not your promises to me,it is My promises to you that will hold you to me.”