Someone defined sacrifice as “giving up something you love for something you love even more.”
This week we’ll talk about the honor of sacrificing for the glory of God in ministry.
* Do you love reaching people far from God enough to allow some people to leave your church?
* Do you believe in your vision enough to receive criticism from those in your own denomination?
* Do you love reaching teens so much that many adults reject your style of ministry?
* Do you love serving Jesus so much you’ll give up some of life’s comforts to do what God has called you to do?
* Do you love Jesus so much you’re willing to be rejected by your friends because you’re very different from the rest of the world?
What do you love so much that you’re willing to sacrifice for it?
+ Craig Groeschel, pastor of Lifechurch in OK.
Posted on April 21, 2009, in Church Business. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.
This is a post from a minister I respect out of OK. He says ‘we will talk about the honor of sacrificing…” He is talking about his church not ours. However, I wanted to show you his questions to see how you as an individual and your church match up.