Young Single Adults’ Psalm
1. I need direction and on my own I will just get lost.
Yet when I am lost, you are there. Like the father of the prodigal
son, you have an understanding love when I lose my way.
2. When I am overcome by frustration, you are a powerful calm.
3. You are a place to focus when I am distracted.
4. I fight you for control, and I always mess things up.
But you forgive me, and turn my mess into something good.
5. Sometimes I feel so far away from you, and it makes me
long for your presence. You are constant and your friendship
is unchanging. No matter how close to you I am,
I can never get enough of you.
6. Too often I look to you for answers, but in every problem,
I find that you are the answer.
7. You are the fresh air that I breathe and the comfort in
my distress over the mess that I have made, the wisdom where
I lack good judgment. You are my God. You are my everything.