The original plan for the first 3 months…
I love finding old documents in my computer. I stumbled across this one from June 2003. I emailed this to our 4 elders of the church before our first ever service! The purpose was to lay our their responsibilities during our worship service.
Wow! We have come a long way!
Deacon Responsibilities for
June 8 – September 28
Deacons: Jim Stafford and Rob Steele
There should be 2 teams of Ushers and hostesses that rotate every other week. They should arrive to the church no later than 5:15pm. There should be at least 6 greeters per team. (preferably 3 men and 3 women)
- 5:15pm – Gather for Prayer. Put up directional signs and get offering baskets ready.
- 5:30pm – 3 people should greet at front door and 3 should be inside helping people get seated. They should give out guest cards to people at the door.
- 6:00pm – Help people get seated and give directions. They will take up the offering and turn it in to Jim Stafford. Bro. Jim will turn in it into Pastor Robin at the end of service.
- After Service – Assist people leaving. Gather directional signs. Turn in offering, membership cards, and guest cards to Pastor Robin.
Setup/Break down Coordinators
Deacon: Chris Ellis
There should be 2 teams of 4 men that help in this area. The teams should alternate every other week. They should arrive to the church no later than 4:15pm.
- 4:15pm – Help musicians and sound technicians unload and setup equipment.
- 5:00pm – Help setup kids area with Brother Phillip.
- 5:30pm – 6pm – Pray
- After Service – Help musicians and sound technicians breakdown and load equipment. Sweep facility for loose trash. Help Brother Phillip clean up kid area.
Deacon: Phillip Hernandez
At this time we will have an area for kids 6 months – 5 years old. We will need 2-3 adults with the kids at each service. We should have 2 teams that alternate every other week. There should always be at least one women helping at each service. We will have plastic containers with supplies that will need to be setup and broke down for each service. They will contain: crayons, paper, Bible Story books, videos, snacks, etc.
- 5:00pm – Setup area (some people from Team 2 will help)
- 5:30pm – Teachers arrive and get prepared.
- After Service – Teachers help clean up.
Attached is a list of people that are now members of our church. They have the area listed that they want to work in. Please call them and start assembling your team. If a person has a blank then you can call then and see if they would like to be in your area.
ON JUNE 8th – LETS ALL MEET AT 4:00pm TO GET ORGANIZED. I know this is early, but I feel like it is important for the first service.