This past weekend’s thoughts
We had a great weekend at PromiseLand San Marcos.
- We had wonderful crowd attendance (especially for a Summer wknd with no ‘special’ guest or activity planned). It is looking like we need to add a morning service and discuss how that will affect ‘The Walk” on Sunday night. The bottomline on growth is that Sunday morning is full and Sunday night is not a viable option for most people to attend on a regular basis. On the other hand, Sunday night is a great service and it is slowly growing with people that can’t attend on Sunday morning due to work or other scheduling conflicts.
- The children’s ministry at PSM is amazing. They did an incredible job this past week with our kids on Thur-Sat. The Main Event Day Camp was a huge success! This coming weekend we will show everyone some footage of it. Our adult volunteers gave it their all with talent, creativity and passion! I am so proud to be a part of this team of leaders.
- Our worship team did a great job at leading us in Worship. Songs were good, sound was good, lighting was good. We all worshiped God intimately and passionately. That is what it is all about.
- The way we do our services now, we are not baptizing as many people. (We used to baptize close to 100 per year) We do not make it clear enough that everyone can get baptized. So, we need to work on that. We are planning a huge San Marcos River baptism on Aug. 29th in Martindale. If you know folks that are ready for baptism (maybe that’s you), then tell them about this really special time at the river. We will have sign-ups in the atrium soon.
- I am liking the new way we are taking up offering. Instead of having people drop it off as they leave, we have gone back to the old fashion ‘pass the plate’ model. Actually, we pass buckets to increase capacity!! 🙂 This seems to work well with our congregation and it is a good time to announce upcoming events. Soon, we will be announcing a special Fall offering that we are asking folks to consider giving to. You can get a preview at www.psmchurch.com/harvest.
- The series in Colossians is changing me personally. I am loving the week by week, verse by verse, method of studying scripture and staying close to the original context and intent of the letter. It amazes me how relevant the message is to our current lifestyle. We need the truth today and we need to align ourselves with the pure Word of God. We have 3 weeks to go. Next week focuses on Communication: To God and others. The week after that is: Friends/partnerships/covenants with others, Then, the final week, Harry is closing out the series on… you will have to figure that out. There are some good, eclectic thoughts from the final passage. Go read it.
I love you guys,