Set your Spiritual Goals here!
To begin “My Best 30 Ever”, click here
This is a modified version of a printable file. You can decide either to print and hand write or paste into a word doc to complete on computer.
Our relationship with God is the most important relationship of our life. We should spend time developing this relationship. There are many facets of personal devotion that are essential to a strong relationship with Jesus Christ. However, we will focus on 3 key ingredients.
- Prayer – James 5:16 The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. (ESV) Set a goal for the next 30 days that when you are finished you can say. “Wow, that is the most I have prayed in 30 days.” If you are new to this, a conservative goals is 30 minutes of prayer per day. This can consist of singing or dance to worship music, audible prayers, silent/meditation, reading prayers, journaling prayers, and more. The most important part of prayer is that you connect with God in your own way. Honestly talk to God.
MY PRAYER GOAL IS ______________MIN PER DAY. I will pray consistently at _______________AM / PM
I WILL MOST LIKELY PRAY IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS: ________________________________________
- Scripture Reading – Start with the New Testament. Set a goal of reading a certain time period per day. 30 Minutes of reading scripture accompanied with 30 minutes of prayer makes a ‘power hour’. If you want to be ambitious, you can read the entire New Testament in 30 days by reading 6-10 chapters per day. You can get info about that on our blog.
MY READING GOAL IS ___________ MIN PER DAY. I will read consistently at ______________AM / PM
Or I WILL READ THE FOLLOWING BOOKS OF THE BIBLE __________________________________
- Fasting – Fasting kills your fleshly desires and puts you in a great place to hear from God. You should fast consistently during this 30 days. Obviously, there are several levels of fasting depending on your desires and ability. This area coincides with the physical dieting plan. If you have a medical condition that is affected by your diet, please consult your doctor before altering your diet. Here are several options:
- 30 day fast – Fast the entire 30 days from all food, a specific food, or a favored activity (Facebook, TV, etc).
- Extended fast – Fast for an extended portion of the 30 days consecutively. For example, you could fast for 3 days or 7 days from any of the areas above. For example, fast 3 days from T.V., 10 days from Facebook, 7 days from sugar, 3 days from all food, etc. to add up to 30 days.
- Multiple 1 day fasts – Select one day per week and always fast on that day. If you choose to fast one day a week from food, then drink only liquids until supper time. Break your fast with your evening meal.
MY FASTING GOAL IS:_________________________________________________________________
Posted on December 28, 2009, in Daily Word and tagged fasting goals, new years resolutions, prayer, spiritual fitness. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
Write down these goals in several places. Put each copy in a prominent place. Hang one on the fridge, your bathroom mirror, your car, your desk, etc
I am ready to begin MY best 30 ever! God has blessed my family and I tremendously. I’m excited about what He has in store for us in 2010. A wonderful song comes to mind HALFWAY by Hope’s Call. The chorus is as follows:
He didn’t halfway save me
He didn’t halway deliver me
He didn’t halfway set my feet upon the rock to stay
So I wont halfway praise him
I wont halfway lift Him up
so all that is within me
I will bless His Holy Name!
God is good!