Meanwhile, back on the Ranch
When I first started blogging 3 years ago, I had 1 entry per week. I would give the membership a summary of everything that was going on behind-the-scenes at the church. It was a great opportunity for everyone to see “the workings”. I have neglected this whole side of blogging and am committing to getting back to it (ever so often).
Here is a basic week at PromiseLand San Marcos:
- Mondays – The staff takes the day off! We are a little tired from an intensive weekend schedule.
- Tuesdays – These mornings are our Mondays. For the first 4 hours of the day, we are returning emails, counting offering, logging guests into the system, reading over prayer cards, meeting to discuss the past weekend. Jacob and I go over everything from songs sung, people we DIDN’T see, facility problems, baptisms, healings, sermons, you get the picture. I also meet with Wynnel and we talk about all the people that are sick, having babies, missing, new, need a PromiseGroup, need help, etc. Tuesday evenings I usually stay late to meet with those that want to meet but can’t during the day.
- San Marcos Ministers Association – Today, I meet with this group to discuss the issues of SM. There are about 15 churches that participate in this meeting. I am the Vice President! Just call me Dick Chenney. Well….maybe not. We have lunch at CTMC on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Wednesdays – Dan is cranking away at the Youth Service (along with Harry). We have 2pm staff meeting with all 9 of our full and part-time staff. Come join us sometime! We have a lot of fun.
- Thursdays – I sequester myself somewhere off campus. I go to a library, coffee shop or elsewhere quite to study/prepare for the weekend’s message. I usually check my messages once just to make sure nothing big is going on. But other than that, I communicating with God only. If I don’t return an email or phone call on Thursdays, you will know why.
- Fridays – We are meeting with people, getting the bulletins ready, finishing song choices for the weekend, finishing sermon notes,
- Saturday – We get here around 4pm, have church, leave around 8pm
- Sunday – We get here around 7am, have 2 churches, leave around 1pm.
“The Work of God is Work.” Bishop Phillips